We see supporting our portfolio companies on their growth journey as a critical part of our role as investors. We leverage our collective expertise, experience, and network to engineer serendipity and create an unfair advantage for them.
As a Platform Associate, you will work closely with our Head of Talent on building this platform. You will have the opportunity to work with some of Europe’s leading investors and entrepreneurs to shape the future of technology.
However, if you are mainly interested in becoming an early stage investor, this is not the role for you. This role is about problem solving at scale and helping our portfolio build high performing teams in hypergrowth.
The key responsibilities will include:
Research and analysis (40%):
- develop effective, scalable solutions to shared challenges in our portfolio
- create and curate useful resources based on latest research and best practices to help advise founders and investors
- conduct research to uncover internal and external trends to help inform decisions
- build diagnostic tools to help quickly understand and detect issues in the companies
Operation support (40%):
- increase operational efficiency by implementing light processes and tools
- help prepare reports, presentations, monthly updates
- work with the team on organizing talent events
Continuous improvement (20%):
- strive to be the best and most value-added partner to our companies
- work on strategic projects with portfolio companies to help build internal capacity
- stay current on new developments in the field and pitch nuanced ideas based on a deep understanding of gaps in the market
About Success in the Role
The markers of success are likely to include:
- Garnering respect and establishing a good reputation internally and externally as a knowledgeable and effective Platform Associate
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the European tech ecosystem and its unique challenges
- Proactively taking on projects which helps to improve our team, our work, or Balderton as a whole
- Independently delivering high quality work on time and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining positive attitude and enthusiasm and alignment with our culture and values
We know you’ve got what we are looking for in terms of skills and experience, if you have come up through one of the following career tracks:
- You’ve worked in management consulting for a few years, and demonstrate a passion for solving people challenges in tech companies.
- You’re in a product or customer success role at a startup and have experience with building scalable solutions that delight customers.
In addition, your experience will demonstrate that you:
- Are genuinely passionate about startups and helping entrepreneurs
- Are an autodidact and can learn new things quickly
- Have a penchant for research and creative problem solving